Official: Brender Rodgers appointed Celtic manager





Official: Brender Rodgers appointed Celtic coach

Featured

Iheanacho EPL deadliest striker




The 43-year-old was sacked by Liverpool but has put pen to paper on a 12-month rolling contract with the Scottish Champions.




Liverpool formal manager Brender Rodgers has been appointed as Celtic's new coach.

The 43-year-old has been without a job since he was sacked by Liverpool in October and has signed a 12-month rolling contract with the Scottish Giants.

The words of Rodgers: " I am absolutely delighted to be named Celtic manager. This is genuinely a huge honour for me. I have followed Celtic all my life and to be given this fanstastic opportunity and to be part of such a truely great football club is a dream come true.



"I will give my new role everything I have and do all I can to bring out supporters exciting, entertaining and winning football.

"The club has been in magnificent shape in recent years and has collected silverware during this time. My objective now of course is to continue this work, to keep us at the top and again make our mark in Europe".

The Scottish champions broke the bank to Land Brender with an incredible £5.3 million package, which makes him the highest paid manager in Scottish football history.

Celtic FC